And thank you for your interest in supporting beaver and native wildlife habitat on our Oregon high desert landscapes.
Beaver Works Oregon is the growing vision of dedicated volunteers working to build this effort and activities as a program under Think Wild (Wildlife Hospital and Conservation Center), in Bend.
If you're a land steward agency or landowner interested in a consultation or mitigation services around problem beaver, please reach us direct at 541-362-1024.
Want to help make this work possible with a financial or equipment donation to the Beaver Works Oregon program? CLICK HERE TO DONATE
-Reese, Pamela, Kate and Jeremy - Winter 2020
OUR 2021 FOCUS AREAS
Landowner Engagement and Support Program
* Providing solutions and support to mitigate beaver problems around infrastructure and agriculture
* Advising on the riparian conditions needed for successful beaver settlement, within a watershed or sub-basin.
* Community workshops on "living with beaver" within the Deschutes River Basin
Community Outreach and Education
* Speaking on beaver history, challenges (barriers to fuller success on the landscape) and our vision for more beaver on the landscape
* Providing beaver expertise/curriculum and programming to classrooms and related nonprofits
* Collaboration - and coordination - with other beaver related and restoration nonprofits throughout the U.S. and Europe
* Capturing and sharing Beaver Tales (stories from around Oregon, of beavers on the land) (seeking funding)
* Monitoring beaver and wildlife movements through the Deschutes River basin, sharing observations and trail camera footage in Field Reports
The "BeWo" Crew in the field around eastern Oregon and Washington.
Reese Mercer - Program Director
Spearheads Beaver Works strategy, systems and cultivating agency/nonprofit partner relationships. Building BWO's community outreach platform. Business and technology professional, and Think Wild board director. On LinkedIn.
Marleigh Dunning - Research Assistant
Marleigh interns for Beaver Works Oregon from afar while studying biology at Dartmouth College. Marleigh brings voracious research skills and analysis to the Beaver Works team to further understanding of beavers on the landscape in Eastern Oregon, past and present. On LinkedIn.
The Beaver Response Team Crew
Pamela Adams - Program Manager
Pamela oversaw trail crews with the National Park Service/Golden Gate National Recreation Area in the San Francisco Bay Area and brings years of professional risk management experience to help clients evaluate the full range of relevant considerations including landscape priorities, site condition, local ecology, budget and timeline. She may also get you hooked on “trail camera therapy".
Jeremy Fox - Field Technician
Jeremy arrived at Beaver Works Oregon via many other outdoor jobs and pursuits, including outdoor education, guiding, farming, firefighting, adaptive ski coaching, and cooking. A jack of many trades and master of none, he thrives in settings where he is learning. Jeremy looks forward to the detective work, as well as working with the land owners to cooperatively find solutions. When not fencing trees you might find him working at a plant nursery, rafting, trail running, mountaineering, or creating the ultimate backyard garden."